Dear Bellevue Pediatric Dentistry Families:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We have made changes to help protect our patients and staff when we reopen
● Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. Please read the COVID-19 “disclosures and consent” form from our website and we will get your verbal consent on the phone when we check you in. If you have signs and symptoms related to COVID-19 infection, please call us and reschedule your appointment.
● Due to the extra precautions related to the pandemic, please allow for extra time, and arrive at least 15 min before your scheduled appointment time.
● When you arrive at our office, please notify the staff by calling 402-291-5400. Please provide your mobile phone number and wait in your personal vehicle in the parking lot. We will contact you on your mobile phone when it is your turn to be seen.
● We will be limiting the number of people entering the office to the patient and one parent only.
● Every person entering the office will be expected to be wearing their own face mask (please bring your own mask). Please use the hand sanitizer located in the reception area.
● Our staff will be checking forehead temperature of you and your child.
● You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, video games, prize token machines and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
● Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Angeli Thakker and the Bellevue Pediatric Dentistry Team